Thursday, March 1, 2012

La Vielle Fille

Jane Birkin. She's been inspiring us for over fifty years. There is a Hermès bag designed and named for her. She has always been on my radar but since cutting bangs recently I have been even more deeply drawn to her nonchalant style. Known for her style of seeming to be a woman-girl. No matter if she's starring in films, singing or walking down the street she always carries herself with an effortless air of her free-spirit and confidence. Here is a collection of photos and quotes of the beautiful adult-adolescent.




"If I were mayor, I'd invite everyone to have free boat trips on the river and free balloon rides over the city. I'd let the eldery in resicidential homes wander free" 

 

 "Keep smiling, it takes 10 years off."



"The music is suffused with melancholy, then suddenly it pirouettes on itself and turns into something you can dance to."


"My mother was right: When you've got nothing left, all you can do is get into silk underwear and start reading Proust."
 

"Serge was Jewish, yet very Arab in temperament-you could imagine him traveling in caravans with a suitcase full of loot."

 
When I was at school I used to scream in trains, in those concertina things between the carriages. I used to try to be so good that sometimes I couldn't bear it any more.
 



"I like tending to scabs and sores and reading people stories."

No comments:

Post a Comment